- Pot Size : 5 qt
- Servings : 8
- Cook Time : 6-8 hours on low
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and ground black pepper.
- Coat the beef cubes with this mixture.
- Melt the butter in cast iron pot over medium high heat.
- Add the meat and brown well on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic to it.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add 1/2 cup red wine to deglaze pan.
- Transfer mixture to crock pot.
- Add remaining wine, bay leaf, parsley and thyme to crock pot.
- Cover and Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove bay leaf and serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Serve with crusty toasted bread.
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 lb white pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups red wine, divided
- 1 bay leaf (remove after cooking)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe