Chicken Divan Do Over2011-10-08
- Pot Size : 5-6qt
- Servings : 6-8 depends
- Cook Time : 3-4 hours high or 5-6 hours low
Chicken Divan Do Over
This is our family’s version of the Chicken Divan. Just a slight variation. It takes just a little preparation and it’s well worth the effort. This easy version of the dish that has been floating around since the 50’s. It originated from a New York Restaurant called the Divan Parisienne.
- Pour 4 cups of broccoli florettes into the crock pot. We chop up and use fresh and we’ve used frozen too.
- Cut the thawed fresh chicken into bite sized cubes. 1-2 inch cubes.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet over med. heat.
- Cook the garlic with the Worcestershire for about 1 min only then add the chicken and lightly brown it, stirring with a spatchula. 1-2 mins. max. You may need to do this in 2 steps to accommodate the amount of chicken. Don’t over cook the chicken here… Just a very quick searing. Have a “designated bowl” to place the cooked chicken if you need to do this in 2 steps.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cut up chicken to your liking and evenly place it in the crock pot, covering all of the broccoli.
- In a separate bowl mix the mayo, soup, lemon juice, then evenly pour this mixture into the crock pot.
- Evenly pour the breadcrumbs into the crock pot and then the cheese to cover it all.
- Cover and cook 3-4 on high, 5-6 on low.
Cook the egg noodles separately and serve the chicken over the noodles. You can also do this over mashed potatoes. I will sometimes give a little splash of extra lemon for that little zest of flavor. We will do this in the oven as well on 350º for 25 minutes. If you do this in the oven, we will reverse the layers of chicken and broccoli.
Hope you enjoy it. – The Guys
Add to My Favorites
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cups broccoli florettes
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper to taste for chicken
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 Tbl spoons butter
- 2 Tbl spoons olive oil
- 1 Tbl spoon worcheshire
- 1 Tbl spoon Garlic
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package of egg noodles
Average Member Rating
(3.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe