Chicken Marsala – Carrabba’s Style2011-09-29
- Pot Size : 5-6qt
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 5-6 hours low
Chicken Marsala – Carrabba’s Style
Carrabbas is one of our favorite restaurants. We cook a copycat version of their chicken marsala and we have converted it to use in the crock pot too. The key to getting a good, rich, restaurant style flavor is the butter, fresh mushrooms, shallots, and a good marsala wine. Can’t skimp there. Don’t use Pastene brand of wine for this. Try Florio. We use the sweet variety, you can use the dry and it will be just fine. Just a preference. This recipe is well worth the effort.
- Pound chicken breasts to even out thickness and lightly salt and pepper and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Evenly pour the shallots and mushrooms into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Evenly space 6 different tablespoons of butter on top of the bed of mushrooms. Lay the chicken breasts evenly across the top.
- Mix together the marsala, broth and lemon juice and evenly pour into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hours on low.
- When done, temporarily remove chicken and cover to keep warm (Microwave works nicely as a temporary shelter)
- Pour the cream into the crock pot and cook on high for 8-10 mins. stirring occasionally to thicken sauce.
- Then place chicken back in the crock pot, cover, and cook for 5 mins, still on high.
If the sauce doesn’t thicken to your preference, you can make a roux with the 1/8 cup of cornstarch + 1/4 cup of warm water. Pre-mix this well, no lumps, and then add to the sauce, stir and cook for a couple more minutes to thicken before adding chicken back in.
You can serve this on rice or buttered fettuccine. We use a pre-made alfredo sauce with our fettuccine for this recipe. Serve each chicken breast on top of your rice/pasta bed and evenly pour the marsala-mushroom sauce on top of each dish.
Update – Here is our alfredo from scratch
Don’t count calories. It just doesn’t matter when you eat this.Add to My Favorites
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 shallots, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet marsala
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup of cornstarch + 1/4 cup of water (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of flour
Average Member Rating
(3.1 / 5)
107 people rated this recipe