Cinnamon French Toast-Crock Pot Style2011-09-13
- Pot Size : 5-6qt
- Servings : 6-8
- Cook Time : 6-8 hours on low
Cinnamon French Toast Crock Pot Style
- Grease the inside of your crock pot (5-6 qt) very well with butter, shortening, or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla together.
- Dip each piece of bread into the mix and layer into the crock pot.
- Pour the remaining mix into the crock pot and cover the bread.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. This is done when the egg has cooked (you can tell because you’ll see bits of cooked egg stuck to the bread). You can then take the lid off but leave it plugged in for about 15 min-serve! Can serve with fruit preserves or maple syrup!
We have updated and revised this recipe.Add to My Favorites
- 1 whole 16 oz loaf of real bakery style bread
- 6-8 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of milk (1 used 1 cup of skim, and 1 cup of heavy cream)
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, or other desired nuts (optional)
Average Member Rating
(3.6 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe