Crock Pot Pork Chops and Sauerkraut2011-12-29
- Pot Size : 6 qt
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 4 hours on low and 1 to 2 hours on high
Crock Pot Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
This was submitted by SimpleGourmetGal. Thanks for sharing.
- In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons oil over medium high heat.
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add chops to skillet and brown for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add chops to your 6 to 8 quart crock pot.
- Meanwhile brown onion in the same pan just for a minute or so.
- In a large bowl add sauerkraut, cooked onion, sliced apple, mustard, brown sugar and apple juice.
- Stir and pour on top of chops. Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Cover and Cook on low for 4 hours and high for about 1 or 2 hours or until pork chops are nice and tender.
This is delicious served with creamy mashed potatoes. ENJOY!!!Add to My Favorites
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, sliced and cored
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 28 ounce jar of sauerkraut or two 14.4 oz cans
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe