French Dip in the Pot2013-01-20
- Pot Size : 5-6qt
- Servings : 8
- Cook Time : 7 hours low
French Dip in the Pot
This is a classic French dip sandwich with Au Jus. This is just too good. Melt in your mouth good.
Warning: You will have no leftovers.
- Trim any excess fat from your roast.
- Place it in the crock pot.
- Add everything else to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 6.5 hours on low.
- Remove the roast and slice in very thin pieces. (we use an electric knife for this.)
- Place the slice meat back in the crock pot for 30 minutes on high.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice open your French rolls, and spread with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until toasty. Don’t burn it.
- Serve up the roast slices on the French rolls and cut each roll in half.
Ladle the sauce into serving bowls for dipping the sandwiches. Some folks will serve this with melted provolone cheese on top of it all, but we think it’s tasty just like this.
Stand back from the crock pot and marvel at your greatness.
Cheers! – The GuysAdd to My Favorites
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 12oz beer (red or ale)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons of worcestershire
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 8 French Rolls
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
13 people rated this recipe