Loaded Baked Potato Soup2012-03-12
- Pot Size : 6-7qt
- Servings : 10 or more
- Cook Time : 4-5 hours high or 6-8 hours low
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours potatoes should be tender.
- Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
- Top with sour cream if used, sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
Add to My Favorites
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream optional
- 8 slices bacon, fried & crumbled cheese, for sprinkling
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe