Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken2011-11-13
- Pot Size : 5-7qt
- Servings : about 8
- Cook Time : 4-5 hours high or 8-9 hours low
Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken
- Make 4 or 5 (loosely crumpled) balls of aluminum foil.
- Evenly place these in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Clean the chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- Pour the olive oil over the entire out side of the chicken OR spray with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle and generously rub the inside and out with your favorite seasoning salt. Be creative here.
- Lay the chicken on top of the foil balls breast side down.
Cover and Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low.
Know your pot. Cooking times may vary depending on your pot. This will produce a “fall off the bone” chicken. This is referred to a Rotisserie style because the fat drains off the chicken while cooking. You will have terrific juices for a great chicken gravy when done.
Also note: A Crock Pot doesn’t brown meat. You can achieve this however by placing the chicken in a broiler for a minute or 2 when done with the crock pot. This will “crisp and brown” the skin. Or don’t. You can peel off the skin from the start and season the meat directly. Enjoy this flavorful chicken.
Add to My Favorites
- 1 whole roasting chicken 4-5lbs
- 2-3 of olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Seasoning salt to taste
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe