Stuffed Shells in the Crock Pot2012-03-11
- Pot Size : 6-7qt
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 4-5 hours on low
Stuffed Shells in the Crock Pot
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but stop and drain 2 mins. before the end of the suggested cook time. You want it tender but not completely cooked. Separate the shells on a cookie sheet or paper towel on the counter so they don’t stick together.
- Meanwhile, brown the beef, onion and garlic in skillet with salt, pepper, oregano and basil to taste.
- Drain and pour into mixing bowl.
- Add to the meat, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and egg, mix well.
- Stuff the shells using a spoon and set aside, back on the cookie sheet or plate to make things easier.
- Pour 1 jar of sauce into the crock pot.
- Arrange the stuffed shells in the sauce.
- Pour the 2nd jar of sauce and top it off with Parmesan cheese and maybe some more Mozzarella.
- Cover and Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
This recipe accounts for 3 shells per person for 6 people. I usually have a little more ‘stuffing’ left over so I cook a few more shells.Add to My Favorites
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, pepper, oregano and basil to taste
- 2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Average Member Rating
(3.1 / 5)
11 people rated this recipe